Pastoral Support at The Earls High school gives help and support to students on a wide range of issues as well as providing information, advice and guidance. The Pastoral Team always work in close partnership with teachers, parents/carers and other specialist agencies.
What are the aims of the Pastoral Support Team?
The aim is to identify any concerns or issues at the earliest possible opportunity and remove any barriers to learning which may be preventing our students from reaching their potential. We pride ourselves in knowing our students extremely well and work alongside the form tutors, teaching and support staff to develop positive relationships with them and their families. We respond as quickly as possible to any issues and ensure that difficulties are discussed and resolved in the best possible way.
The Pastoral Support Team at The Earls High School commonly offers help and support in the following areas, although this list is not exhaustive:
- Safeguarding and welfare support
- Behaviour support/management (including in-lesson support)
- Emotional resilience (including anger management )
- Academic support (including intervention work and individualised programmes)
- Restorative Approaches
- Peer Mentoring
- Anti Bullying Support
- Management of the Rewards schemes
- Attendance support
- E safety advice
- Relationship advice
- Alternative provision
- Links to specialist external agencies when needed
- Careers advice and guidance