Information for students and parents
Choosing your GCSE options is a really exciting process but it is also important to think very carefully about the choices you make. Make sure that you read the options booklet, speak to your subject teachers and form tutors, and talk your ideas through with your parents.
Below you will find a digital version of the Options ’24 booklet, which contains lots of information about the options process as well as a page for each subject you can study. You will also see the options blocks for 2024.
- Friday 26th January: Careers Fair in school
- Wednesday 31st January: GCSE Options Launch – Student Assembly
- Wednesday 31st January: Receive paper copies of options booklet, personalised letter and option blocks
- Thursday 1st February: Options Evening
- February: Form time preparation and activities, subject information in lessons
- Thursday 22nd February: Year 9 Parents’ Evening
- Wednesday 28th February: Options form deadline
- Monday 4th – 9th March: National Careers Week https://nationalcareersweek.com/
- March and April: Checking processes and interviews with students
- April and May: School organises the staffing and timetable for the options
- July: Students and parents informed about allocation of options
- September: Teaching of option subjects begins. All students stay in their option subjects for the full two years
- You must choose one subject from each column.
- All students must choose a minimum of one blue subject. You can do more than one.
- You cannot do the following combination: Sport and PE; Child Development and Health and Social Care; Art and Art Textiles.