We are looking for positive thinking, professional colleagues to work with us maintaining and developing our values of care, partnership and excellence at The Earls High School.
Level 3 teaching assistant
School: The Earls High School
Salary: £14,574.00 Per Annum
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 5th September 2022
The Governors wish to appoint a well-qualified, innovative Level 3 Teaching Assistants 31.5 hours per week term time only, 38 weeks per year. Applications for part time hours will also be considered.
Teaching Assistants provide in-class support working alongside the mainstream subject teacher, they are part of the SEN team. The SEN team is managed by the Director of Special Educational Needs, supported by two Student Needs Officers overseeing a team of three level 3 TA’s, six level 2 TA’s six level 1 TA’s together with two apprentices.
Join our team
In common with all schools, the main reason to join our organisation is to make a difference to the lives of young people. Having said that, choosing the right school for the next stage in your career is a critical choice. So why choose The Earls High School?
1. We are fortunate to have fantastic students who are keen to learn and ambitious in their plans for the future. They have great relationships with the staff in school and in January 2020 OFSTED rated behaviour at the school as good.
2. Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of our thinking. We are serious about ensuring that there is a healthy work-life balance for staff. We are on track to achieve The Carnegie Mental Health Award for Schools this year in recognition of our work in this area. Examples of how we support wellbeing are:
- When timetabling we try to give all teachers at least one extra non-contact period over and above the prescribed 10% PPA time.
- Appraisal is rooted in research and development rather than performance targets and graded lessons.
- Staff are trusted to do their work with autonomy and without intrusive, high stakes Quality Assurance. There is no requirement for staff to submit lesson plans.
- There are minimal written reports and data capture is limited to three times per year.
- Marking and feedback policies are developed at a faculty level and minimising workload is a critical element of our approach in this area.
- Directed time is well within the 1265 hours.
- Flexibility is supported, many staff are part-time at school.
- We have a generous approach to supporting family life, with requests for leave supported without question.
- School counsellors and Mental Health First Aiders are available for everyone.
- Staff are discouraged from sending emails outside of normal working hours.
- Our administrative support is excellent.
- There is a comprehensive induction package for new staff joining us.
- All teaching staff are provided with a laptop.
3. We have a clear vision for learning at the school and have a well-developed training plan so that all teachers are able to research, learn and develop their practice.
4. The school is popular in the local community and is oversubscribed. This, along with effective management of resources, means that the school is very stable financially.
5. We have a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and we are very proud of our school. Our staff turnover is low and we provide many opportunities for progression and career advancement in the school and across our Multi-Academy Trust.
If you share our values and our commitment to developing students who have the skills and attributes to thrive in their next steps, we look forward to your application.